We have the pleasure to announce the opening of Abstract Submissions for the 9th IUPAC International Conference on Green Chemistry (9th ICGC), that will take place in Athens, Greece, on 5-9 September 2022 offering the choice of on-line participation.
The 9th ICGC will be organized by the Association of Greek Chemists (AGC) in collaboration with the IUPAC Interdivisional Committee on Green Chemistry for Sustainable Development (ICGCSD) and is the ninth of the series of IUPAC International Conferences on Green Chemistry, the first having been organized in Germany (2006), followed by Russia (2008), Canada (2010), Brazil (2012), South Africa (2014), Italy (2016), Russia (2017) and Thailand (2018). The 9th ICGC was initially planned for 2020 but it was postponed for 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The conference is addressed to scientists, researchers and students, educators, industry representatives, policy makers, social and professional bodies, as well as anyone interested to be informed and discuss recent developments in the fields of Green Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Sustainable Development and Circular Economy.
The 9th ICGC will cover the following general areas:
- Green Chemistry in Research and Industry
- Green Chemistry in Education and Society
- Green Chemistry for Sustainable Development, Bioeconomy and Circular Economy
Specific topics include:
- Green solvents – Safe reagents and chemicals – Sustainable organic synthesis
- Catalytic processes (homogeneous, heterogeneous and bio-catalysis)
- Biomass derived platform & fine chemicals, pharmaceuticals, monomers, polymers, materials
- Alternative fossil fuels and biofuels, green bio-energy
- Valorization of renewable and natural resources
- Waste recycle and valorization – Circular economy (food waste, hazardous waste, municipal waste, plastic waste)
- CO2 utilization
- Alternative and benign chemical processes (microwaves, ultrasounds, photochemistry, electrochemistry, flow chemistry, etc.)
- Nano-materials for energy and environmental applications
- Green analytical chemistry
- Green chemistry in conservation and restoration of cultural heritage
- Pollution prevention and remediation
- Toxicology and Ecotoxicology of Chemicals and Products
- Computational Chemistry towards greener chemical processes
- Green chemistry metrics – Life cycle assessment (LCA)
- Education and societal awareness – UN Sustainable Developments Goals
- Green Chemistry and entrepreneurship – Sustainable industrial processes
The conference programme will comprise of Plenary, Keynote, Oral and Poster presentations, and will include special workshops, presentation of awards and prizes, and attractive social events.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in a Special Issue of IUPAC’s official journal, Pure and Applied Chemistry, following standard submission and review process of the journal. Selected papers will also be published in Special Issues of high impact journals in the field of Green and Sustainable Chemistry, following their standard peer-review procedures.
More information and instructions regarding the call for abstracts, venue or virtual participation, deadlines, etc. are available at the conference website:
The deadline for abstract submission is 31 March 2022.
We look forward to welcoming you at the 9th ICGC, virtually or by physical presence, and have a fruitful and enjoyable conference.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee,
Prof. Konstantinos Triantafyllidis
Chair of the 9th ICGC
Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Tel.: +30 2310 997730; E-mail: email@example.com