Laboratory Teaching Staff MemberEnvironmental Pollution Control Laboratory
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Faculty of Sciences
School of Chemistry
Evangelia Manoli has a PhD from the Department of Chemistry of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1998, thesis title: “Study of the occurrence of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in municipal wastewater and their fate in a wastewater treatment plant using the activated sludge method”, Supervisor: C. Samara – Konstantinou, Professor of the Department of Chemistry, AUTh.).
Her research interests focus on the study of outdoor and indoor air pollution, surface water pollution, fate of pollutants during the wastewater treatment and study of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in various environmental compartments. She is the author of 26 scientific publications in international journals and has participated in many conferences. She is also responsible (with the right to sign) for the determination of airborne particulate matter PM2.5 (Standard method ELOT EN 12341: 2014, Accreditation Certificate No. 739-2, according to ELOT EN ISO / IEC 17025: 2005), as a member of the Particle Measurement Team (Ο.Μ.Α.Σ.), of the Environmental Pollution Control Laboratory, of the Department of Chemistry of AUTh. Finally, she is an elected member of the Senate of AUTh since 2016, as a representative of the members of Laboratory Teaching Staff of AUTh.
- Environmental Chemistry
- Environmental Pollution Control
- Chemistry And Ecosystem Management
- Physical Chemistry
Air pollution study, gaseous and particulate pollutants, control and identification of pollution sources
- Determination of sources of airborne particles, (identification and quantification)
- Determination of size and chemical composition of airborne particles
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the ambient air
- Profile analysis of ambient and source emitted particle-bound polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Ionic composition of airborne particulates: secondary inorganic aerosol formation
- Concentration levels and source apportionment of ultrafine particles in road microenvironments
Indoor air pollution
- Sources and patterns of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and heavy metals in fine indoor particulate matter
Surface water pollution
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in natural waters: sources, occurrence and analysis.
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the bulk precipitation and surface waters
- Study of surface water quality: Speciation of nitrogen and phosphorus
Study of pollutants during wastewater treatment
- Occurrence, removal and mass balance of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in sewage treatment plants
Study of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in various environmental compartments
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the atmosphere, profile analysis, source identification, cancer risk assessment
- Commuter exposure to particle-bound polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the indoor atmosphere
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in bulk precipitation and natural waters
- Occurrence, removal and mass balance of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in sewage treatment plants.
- Bioconcentration of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in vegetables
- Distribution of persistent organic pollutants, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and trace elements in soil and vegetation.