The main purpose of the Library is to support learning and teaching, research and innovation, with high quality services and professional experienced aid to enable the effective discovery and use of information. It also supports the development and transmission of knowledge and at the same time the service of non-university researchers with a relevant subject.
The Library of the Chemistry Department has been operating since 1991 and has been enriched with the collections of the department’s fields:
- General and Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Physical, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry and
- Chemical Technology and Industrial Chemistry
It was organized according to international standards such as:
- Anglo-American Cataloging Rules 2 & MARC21
- Library of Congress Classification System
- Library of Congress Subject Headings
It uses «KOHA» Integrated Library System as library management and automation system.
It is located on the ground floor of the New Building of Chemistry Department as shown on the map
It extends to about 388 m2 of which 84 m2 is a reading hall.
- 73 study seats.
- 7 PCs connected to the internet for the public, the only condition for their use is the existence of an institutional account.
- WiFi hotspot (wireless network with eduroam infrastructure).
- 2 photocopiers, work with prepaid cards which guests can obtain from the reception desk. The reproduction of material is subject to international and Greek copyright laws.
- 1 network printer (prints on charge).
- Borrowing, renewal, recall and reserve Service.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service (with charge), supply of articles from libraries of Greek institutions that were not identified in the printed and electronic collection of AUTh.
- «Eudoxus Services»
- Book Distribution Point
- Book Return Point
- Training in bibliography search and the use of specialized electronic resources.
- Online program (tool) training (Mendeley) for the organization and management of personal research library. It allows the creation of automatically formatted bibliographic references.
- Information Service, answers to any questions related to bibliographic research and information questions, either in person or via email & phone.
Weekly opening hours
Monday – Thursday 08:30-14:30
The opening hours for the summer months as well as the program of the holidays are posted on the website
Telephone Number 2310 997717 & 2310 997837