Mission – Purpose – Areas of Activity
The Laboratory of Chemical Education, Application of Information and Communication Technologies in Chemistry (CEAICTC)) was founded in October 2016 and has as its mission:
- The coverage at undergraduate and postgraduate level of teaching and research needs of the Department and other Departments of the University in matters that fall within the disciplines of Chemical Education and the Application of Information and Communication Technologies in Chemistry and are part of the study program.
- Conducting research in scientific subjects related to Chemical Education and the Application of Information and Communication Technologies in Chemistry.
- The training of specialized scientists in the cognitive subjects covered by the laboratory.
- Collaboration of any kind with research centers and academic institutions at home and abroad if the goals coincide, go hand in hand and complement each other with those of the laboratory.
- The organization of scientific lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences and other scientific and educational events and activities, the publication of publications and publications and the invitation of Greek and foreign recognized scientists.
- The provision of services in accordance with the provisions of P.D. 159/1984 (Government Gazette 53 / τ.Α΄ / 27-4-1984): Conditions for the provision of services by university laboratories to individuals and all legal organizations.
- Providing opinions on issues related to the cognitive objects of the laboratory in accordance with current legislation.
- The collection, processing, storage, and disposal of data.
- Undertaking consulting or development projects and studies to meet the needs of society.
- The publication of magazines.
- The creation of a library and the design and development of supervisory material.
Organization and implementation of teaching courses of the curriculum of the Department of Chemistry, such as:
- Principles of Chemistry
- Teaching of Chemistry and the Experiment in the Teaching of Chemistry
- Construction, Presentation and Dissemination of Chemical Information
- History and Epistemology of Sciences
- Informatics in Chemistry
- Development of Multimedia Material in Chemistry and Teaching Using Teaching Networks
- Informatics and Organology in the Chemical Laboratory
- Science Teaching
- Didactic Approach to Chemistry
- Experiments and Related Applications of New Technologies in the Teaching of Chemistry
- History and epistemology of Chemistry
- Applications of Information and Communication Technologies in the Teaching of Chemistry
- Organizing and implementing workshops and training programs for chemistry teachers
- Organization of laboratory programs and demonstration programs for students of Primary and Secondary education
Subject “Chemical Education and Information and Communication Technologies”
Study and improvement of ways and methods of teaching Chemistry (in the context of the Teaching of Natural Sciences) through the application of existing teaching techniques, but also the investigation and pilot application of new ones. Study of difficulties taught in the understanding of concepts and in the solution of Chemistry problems and their correlation with alternative pre-existing mental ideas and representations for chemical phenomena. Study of the interaction of Chemistry with cognitive objects of other sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Geology). Curriculum design. Design, implementation and evaluation of didactic interventions. Development, application methodology and evaluation of the didactic effectiveness of the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) in chemical education. Development of software applications and devices using Information and Communication Technologies that promote Chemical Science and Education.
Areas of Research
Chemical education research topics in fields related to:
- the content of the chemistry itself, curricula, etc.
- teaching methods and the role of lectures, experiments, etc.
- learning chemical concepts, conceptual change, the role of multiple representations, etc.
Research topics of application of information and communication technologies in chemical education in fields related to:
- the design, development, implementation, evaluation of the impact on learning chemistry of information and communication technologies
- instructional message design techniques, the design of the media used (text, visualizations, audio, video, models, etc.), and the study of Multiple-Channel Communication