ProfessorAnalytical Chemistry Laboratory
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Faculty of Sciences
School of Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Bioanalytical Methods
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Control Techniques
- Development and application of electroanalytical methods in the determination of biological, environmental and food samples. As well as in the detection of nucleic acids and proteins and application in the analysis of genotoxic compounds and pharmacologically and biologically active compounds.
- Development of analytical methods for the voltammetric determination of metals using mercury, carbon and mercury/bismuth thin film electrodes.
- Development of enzymic and electrochemical DNA biosensors at carbon and mercury electrodes in the study; of the interactions between drugs-DNA, in the detection of methylation in the recognition of micromolar compounds, synthetic oligonucleotide sequences which comprise nucleobase analogues and proteins, in the development of methods of epigenetic control. Moreover, the development of electrochemical biosensors using nanomaterials and screen printing technology.
- Development and application of electroanalytical methods and electrochemical biosensors in the study of coordination compounds of biological concern.