ProfessorLaboratory of Chemical and Environmental Technology
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Faculty of Sciences
School of Chemistry
- Corrosion and protection of materials
- Conservation of building materials of historic monuments and cultural heritage objects
Conservation Science – Corrosion and protection of materials
Damage estimation, conservation and restoration of historic monuments and cultural heritage objects
- Conservation of historic monuments and cultural heritage objects by diagnostic methods
- Non Destructive Techniques of study.
- Synthesis and application of advanced coatings, nanocomposite coatings / coatings with semiconductive properties / coatings with hydrophobic – superhydrophobic properties, for the protection of the building materials.
- Influence of environmental conditions in corrosion and deterioration of materials.
Corrosion, Stress Corrosion Cracking and Protection of metals
- Protection of metals (aluminium, steels) from corrosion by advanced nanocomposite materials.
- Application of electrochemical methods for the study of corrosion of metals and the protective properties of coatings.