Zotou Anastasia – Stella
ProfessorAnalytical Chemistry Laboratory
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Faculty of Sciences
School of Chemistry
Degree: Philosophie Candidatexamen (equivalent to B.Sc.), University of Umeå, Sweden (1979), Major: Chemistry.
Supplementary degree in Applied Environmental Chemistry: University of Umeå, Sweden (1980).
Ph.D.: Analytical Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1989).
Postdoctoral studies: School of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Analysis, University of Bath, England (12 months, 1991-92).
- Analytical Chemistry,
- Instrumental Chemical Analysis
- Bioanalytical Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry, Department of Geology, AUTh
- Separation Techniques in Chemical Analysis
- Research and Laboratory Methodology in Quality Control
Separation methods of analysis
- Reversed-Phase High Pressure and/or Ultra-High Pressure Liquid Chromatography with optical detectors and LC-MS/MS or HILIC-MS/MS.
- Capillary Electrophoresis with optical detection.
- Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry. Purge-and-Trap extraction of volatile compounds.
Coupling of automated flow methods of analysis with separation techniques
Automated sample preparation by Sequential Injection Analysis coupled to Liquid Chromatography (SIA-HPLC).
Development and optimization of sample preparation methods
Solid Phase Extraction (SPE), Matrix Solid Phase Dispersion (MSPD), Liquid-Liquid Microextraction etc.
Development and validation of novel analytical methods for the determination of various analytes such as amines, amino acids, organic acids, flavonoids, thiols, vitamins, drugs, e.t.c in various samples (foods and beverages, biological fluids, pharmaceuticals, e.t.c) using the above techniques.